[vtk-developers] Gerrit release-5.10 branch now open for backported fixes

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:26:06 EDT 2013

Hi Marcus,

I tried re-pushing the tcl 8.6 fix, which is based off of release-5.10 and
was merged into master in March.  My push was rejected, with the error
"No new changes".

Here is my attempt to push, and gerrit's response:

git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/release-5.10/release-tcl86_update
Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
To dgobbi at review.source.kitware.com:VTK
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD ->
refs/for/release-5.10/release-tcl86_update (No new changes)
error: failed to push some refs to 'dgobbi at review.source.kitware.com:VTK'

The topic that I am pushing is the one listed here:

http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/2360/

What do I do with backports that have already been submitted to gerrit?
I specifically mean topics like the one above, where the backporting
has already been done and the topic is ready to be merged.

  David