[vtk-developers] VTK 6.0 - QT 5

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu May 2 01:35:47 EDT 2013

May I suggest that before code freeze occurs that support for QT5 be added
in?
The reason for this is that the latest release of Ubuntu (13.04) installs
QT 5.0.1 by default and if upgrading, it removes QT 4.x.

This will also have implications for ParaView.

Let me know how I can help.

I don't feel fully competent delving into the complexity of the CMake files
in VTK! But now I have Ubuntu 13.04 installed I can test.

One reference I found was an entry in Mantis:
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2012-February/010883.html
which seems
to suggest some header file changes need to be made in the QT code in VTK.

This thread indicates that there has been a bit of activity in this area:
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Build-vtk-5-10-1-againt-qt-5-0-1-td5719101.html

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean