[vtk-developers] Policy for changing VTKData or VTKLargeData with Gerrit topics

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Mar 14 11:19:41 EDT 2013

Hi,

Per the previous thread discussing options for VTKData, it is clear we
all agree that using the CMake external data is a good long term
solution. We do not have the time/resources to do that right now, and
so I have updated our commit guidelines to reflect the current policy,

http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Commit_Guidelines

This was also a good opportunity to remove references to CVS, and
update the general guidelines. In short, do not push new baseline
images until the topic is merged (or ready to be - as close to the
same point in time as is humanly possible). This is a wiki, so please
feel free to comment here or edit the page. It is linked from the VTK
front page, I also took the opportunity to update other points in that
page.

Marcus