[vtk-developers] Updates to VTK's coding standard page

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Mar 14 11:36:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

As we were linking to it from the commit guidelines page, I have also
taken the opportunity to update the coding standards page for VTK,

http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Coding_Standards

This is in line with my understanding of recent discussions, such as
improvements to wrapping allowing default arguments, using STL in API
outside of vtkCommon* modules being acceptable, moving toward using
std::string in API rather that vtkStdString. Comments welcome, or feel
free to edit/raise concerns here.

Thanks,

Marcus