[vtk-developers] Measuring the area of arbitrary polygons

Philippe Pébay philippe.pebay at kitware.com
Tue Mar 12 11:53:41 EDT 2013

Hello D

Thanks for the prompt answer. So this is what I was concerned about :)
Namely that there is no way to generically deal with concave polygons at
this point. In fact, just finding a correct triangulation is not trivial.
One could for instance compute a CDT and remove outside triangles. This
would be computationally expensive for large meshes composed of such
elements, but is there another choice?

Thanks

--
Philippe Pébay, PhD
Director of Visualization and High Performance Computing /