[vtk-developers] Possible issue with the VTK Master

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 03:39:10 EDT 2013

OK ... I deleted the build directory and ran CMake again and things are
much improved. See:
http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2843128

However:
vtkpython TestProjectedTerrainPath.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "TestProjectedTerrainPath.py", line 15, in <module>
    lo = lindex(demReader.GetOutput().GetScalarRange(),0)
NameError: name 'lindex' is not defined

yet:

ctest -R TestProjectedTerrainPath
Test project /home/amaclean/Code/Kitware/build/VTK
    Start 674: vtkFiltersHybridPython-TestProjectedTerrainPath
1/2 Test #674: vtkFiltersHybridPython-TestProjectedTerrainPath ...   Passed
   2.24 sec
    Start 693: vtkFiltersHybridTcl-TestProjectedTerrainPath
2/2 Test #693: vtkFiltersHybridTcl-TestProjectedTerrainPath ......   Passed
   1.69 sec

100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 2

Could someone please point me to an explanation as to why ctest works, I
would have expected a fail at line 15 because of lindex(). My concern here
is that if it is Python code you would reasonably expect just Python code
lindex() is certainly not that.
I don't understand how these Python equivalents of the Tcl names are being
brought in by CTest.

Regards
   Andrew

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Andrew Maclean
<andrew.amaclean at gmail.com>wrote:

> Note that these failures are only on my machine(s) and not the dashboard
> machines.
>
> I did an experimental run on my machine expecting a relatively green
> dashboard but got some 200 failures. See:
> http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2841988
>
> The first class of failures relate to remanent TCL code in Python tests.
> It seems that some TCL code is present e.g look
> at vtkCommonComputationalGeometryPython-CSpline
> or vtkFiltersHybridPython-TestProjectedTerrainPath. So I deleted the source
> and did a fresh checkout of the master, and the code is the same.
> I am wondering why these TCL errors have reappeared in the python code
> that was translated from TCL and why it is only appearing on my machines.
>
> A second failure point is that some baseline images are missing. For
> example the test
> vtkCommonComputationalGeometryPython-TestParametricFunctions is looking
> for VTKData/TestParametricFunctions.png but this is
> in VTKData/Baseline/Graphics
>
> I have been away so I may have missed some change.
>
> I have confirmed this on three of my machines.
>

> Regards
>    Andrew

> Andrew J. P. Maclean

Andrew J. P. Maclean