[vtk-developers] Possible issue with the VTK Master

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:49:40 EDT 2013

Note that these failures are only on my machine(s) and not the dashboard
machines.

I did an experimental run on my machine expecting a relatively green
dashboard but got some 200 failures. See:
http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2841988

The first class of failures relate to remanent TCL code in Python tests.
It seems that some TCL code is present e.g look
at vtkCommonComputationalGeometryPython-CSpline
or vtkFiltersHybridPython-TestProjectedTerrainPath. So I deleted the source
and did a fresh checkout of the master, and the code is the same.
I am wondering why these TCL errors have reappeared in the python code that
was translated from TCL and why it is only appearing on my machines.

A second failure point is that some baseline images are missing. For
example the test
vtkCommonComputationalGeometryPython-TestParametricFunctions is looking
for VTKData/TestParametricFunctions.png but this is
in VTKData/Baseline/Graphics

I have been away so I may have missed some change.

I have confirmed this on three of my machines.

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean