[vtk-developers] Possible issue with the VTK Master

Kyle Lutz kyle.lutz at kitware.com
Tue Mar 12 09:13:08 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM, Andrew Maclean
<andrew.amaclean at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK ... I deleted the build directory and ran CMake again and things are much
> improved. See: http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2843128
>
> However:
> vtkpython TestProjectedTerrainPath.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "TestProjectedTerrainPath.py", line 15, in <module>
>     lo = lindex(demReader.GetOutput().GetScalarRange(),0)
> NameError: name 'lindex' is not defined
>
> yet:
>
> ctest -R TestProjectedTerrainPath
> Test project /home/amaclean/Code/Kitware/build/VTK
>     Start 674: vtkFiltersHybridPython-TestProjectedTerrainPath
> 1/2 Test #674: vtkFiltersHybridPython-TestProjectedTerrainPath ...   Passed
> 2.24 sec
>     Start 693: vtkFiltersHybridTcl-TestProjectedTerrainPath
> 2/2 Test #693: vtkFiltersHybridTcl-TestProjectedTerrainPath ......   Passed
> 1.69 sec
>
> 100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 2
>
> Could someone please point me to an explanation as to why ctest works, I
> would have expected a fail at line 15 because of lindex(). My concern here
> is that if it is Python code you would reasonably expect just Python code
> lindex() is certainly not that.
> I don't understand how these Python equivalents of the Tcl names are being
> brought in by CTest.

Hi Andrew,

Most (all?) of the converted TCL scripts are run through the
rtImageTest.py driver which defines a few functions/variables (one of
which is lindex).

If you run "ctest -R vtkFiltersHybridPython-TestProjectedTerrainPath
-V -N" you can see the command line that ctest uses on the line that
starts with "Test command:". Running that entire command should give
you the same results as running the test with ctest.

-kyle