[vtk-developers] TestSetGet timeouts on RogueResearch machines

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:54:12 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:01:17 -0700, David Gobbi said:
>
>>I'm not sure if this will help, but I ran "ctest -V -R TestSetGet"
>>from crontab on my own machine (OS X 10.6) and it took
>>15 seconds, exactly the same as when I run it from the shell.
>>It produced identical output, too.
>
> Could you try with launchd instead of cron?

Okay, with launchd it takes several minutes at least (it's still running).
Attaching gdb tells me Tk_DrawChars() is where it spending its time.
And even though I'm running ctest with the "-V" option, I'm not getting
any output.  So, yeah, I think that vtk is trying to write to the tk console
instead of writing to stdout.  So Bill's tclsh patch will hopefully fix that.

 - David