[vtk-developers] Backport for VTK 5.10.2

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 23:07:16 EST 2013

I agree with you David. There will be a lot of maintenance issues including
allocating resources for support if you go down the track of supporting
different versions of VTK.

Andrew

we should be working to keep 5.10 going. We want projects to transition
onto 6.x sooner rather than later and don't want to expend the effort to
support multiple versions of VTK.

> That said, if you backport the changes, test them on at Mac|Linux&Windows
locally and submit through gerrit, I'ld be willing to merge them.