[vtk-developers] New wiki pages on VTK 6 build system migration and module development

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri Sep 14 12:35:21 EDT 2012

Hi Marcus,

> I have spent some time writing a couple of new wiki pages...
>
> http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Build_System_Migration
> http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Module_Development
>
> Neither are entirely complete yet, but in the spirit of open source I
> wanted to release early and get feedback as I complete them.

Thanks a lot for the documentation! One question I still have after reading it is whether it is possible to use the VTK module macros to create additional modules outside of VTK. For instance, if I have a project that depends on VTK and has both an application and libraries (which look like additional VTK modules to the app), can I use vtk_module() and module.cmake?

It would be really nice to have, especially if the libraries need to be wrapped or include object factory overrides.

	David