[vtk-developers] Git/Gerrit error

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Dec 26 20:58:57 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Philippe Pébay
<philippe.pebay at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I did a git rebase --interactive on a development branch in order to
> collapse a number of intermediate commits into fewer ones corresponding to
> functional groupings.
>
> The rebase process seemed to go well. At least it did not generate any
> problem.
>
> However, when trying to push it, I ran into the following error:
>
> [philippe at sarge]~/git/VTK/
> Common/DataModel$ git gerrit-push
> Fetching gerrit master
> Pushing to gerrit
> Counting objects: 147, done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (109/109), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (118/118), 18.83 KiB, done.
> Total 118 (delta 93), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: Resolving deltas:   7% (7/93)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'pebay at review.source.kitware.com:VTK'
> To pebay at review.source.kitware.com:VTK
> !    HEAD:refs/for/master/add_material_support_to_dual    [remote rejected]
> (change 9002 closed)
>
> Does someone know what is going on?

It looks like Gerrit is seeing a Change-Id that matches change 9002,
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/9002/ which has been merged. Does
your commit have this Change-Id in it? You should be able to simply
delete the Change-Id line in the commit message (use git commit
--amend if it is the last commit) and a new Change-Id will be
generated for you.

The Change-Id Gerrit appears to be seeing is Change-Id:
Iee4c82ccee953bfb26d2f4ec261e9d60b0934e63 and if this is not the case
I would be happy to take a look at the commit in question.

Thanks,

Marcus