[vtk-developers] Git/Gerrit error

Philippe Pébay philippe.pebay at kitware.com
Wed Dec 26 15:50:13 EST 2012

Hello all

I did a git rebase --interactive on a development branch in order to
collapse a number of intermediate commits into fewer ones corresponding to
functional groupings.

The rebase process seemed to go well. At least it did not generate any
problem.

However, when trying to push it, I ran into the following error:

[philippe at sarge]~/git/VTK/
Common/DataModel$ git gerrit-push
Fetching gerrit master
Pushing to gerrit
Counting objects: 147, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (109/109), done.
Writing objects: 100% (118/118), 18.83 KiB, done.
Total 118 (delta 93), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas:   7% (7/93)
error: failed to push some refs to 'pebay at review.source.kitware.com:VTK'
To pebay at review.source.kitware.com:VTK
!    HEAD:refs/for/master/add_material_support_to_dual    [remote rejected]
(change 9002 closed)

Does someone know what is going on?

Thank you

--
Philippe Pébay, PhD
Director of Visualization and High Performance Computing /