[vtk-developers] VTK6 and Examples

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 16:10:15 EDT 2012

I would expect that applications that build VTK would not turn on testing
or examples. I don't see a reason for that outside of the VTK build.

That said, I will investigate a proper way to handle this situation. When
one builds the examples outside of the VTK tree, I use the find_package
COMPONENTS technique, but this would result in a cmake error for paraview.

I could check for xxx_LOADED and disable the example, but for the medical
examples, there are 16 required components and the cmake code would be ugly.

Suggestions?

Bill