[vtk-developers] vtkTemporalDataSet downcast returns NULL

Pelt, R.F.P. van R.F.P.v.Pelt at tue.nl
Wed Aug 15 07:21:45 EDT 2012

While writing an image reader for temporal data, I am overriding the RequestData function.
My class is derived from vtkImageReader2.
The reader should construct a vtkTemporalDataSet, and so I tried to do a safe downcast on the outputVector data.

vtkTemporalDataSet *data = vtkTemporalDataSet::GetData(outputVector);

or

vtkInformation* outInfo = outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);

vtkTemporalDataSet *data = vtkTemporalDataSet::SafeDownCast(outInfo->Get(vtkDataObject::DATA_OBJECT()));

Unfortunately, this returns NULL for all cases, probably indicating an error in the downcast.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

- Roy