[vtk-developers] current vtk git: segfault on 'import vtk' within initQVTKPython on Ubuntu 10.10

Thorben Kroeger thorben.kroeger at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 16 05:18:50 EST 2011

On 02/16/2011 09:28 AM, Thorben Kroeger wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to install the latest VTK version from git. I am using the
> QVTKWidget2 together with the new SIP Python wrappers. Everything works
> fine on one of my machines, running Gentoo Linux.
>
> Now I need to install VTK on another machine, running Ubuntu 10.10.
> Unfortunately, with a similar setup, I get a segfault like this:
> (excerpt from the full backtrace as attached)

I'm attaching a new backtrace, where I have installed the debug packages
for python and sip. Unfortunately I do not get any further information
within sip.so, even though the corresponding dbg package is installed...

The crash happens in this line of sipQVTKPythoncmodule.cpp:

/* Initialise the module now all its dependencies have been set up. */
502     if (sipInitModule(&sipModuleAPI_QVTKPython,sipModuleDict) < 0)

Any ideas?

Thorben