[vtk-developers] vtkImageReslice - counterpart to write a slice to a volume

Steve Pieper pieper at ibility.net
Fri Dec 2 09:07:02 EST 2011

Hi Tobias -

I faced the same issue with the label map editor in slicer so I wrote a
class called vtkImageSlicePaint.  You specify a mask image data and the
corner points of it in the target label volume and it rasterizes the mask
into target volume.

It also does a couple other things that I needed, like conditionally
applying the mask depending on a threshold condition of a background
grayscale image and also conditionally on whether the label map already has
a non-zero value.

HTH,
Steve

ps.
The user documentation for the tool that uses it is here:

http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.0/Modules/Editor

and the source code is here:

http://viewvc.slicer.org/viewvc.cgi/Slicer4/trunk/Base/Logic/vtkImageSlicePaint.h?revision=12142&view=markup

http://viewvc.slicer.org/viewvc.cgi/Slicer4/trunk/Base/Logic/vtkImageSlicePaint.cxx?view=markup