[vtk-developers] vtkImageReslice - counterpart to write a slice to a volume

Schröder, Tobias t.schroeder at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Fri Dec 2 03:37:32 EST 2011

Hi All,

I'm working on tool for MITK which extracts an arbitrary  oriented
oblique slice from a volume, edits this slice and then the slice is written
back to the volume.
For the slice extraction I'm already using vtkImageReslice.
But what about the writing, is there an existing vtk class fitting this purpose?
For the case if not ( => I have to write one on my own) , can anybody
help me with the algorithm behind vtkImageReslice (it is really a monster ;-) ).

Thank you for your help.
Regards ,

Tobias Schröder
German Cancer Research Center (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, DKFZ)
Member of the Helmholtz Association
Division Medical and Biological Informatics E130
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280
D-69120 Heidelberg

E-Mail: t.schroeder at dkfz-heidelberg.de<mailto:t.schroeder at dkfz-heidelberg.de>
Web: www.dkfz.de<http://www.dkfz.de>