[vtk-developers] [VTK 0012531]: vtkScalarBarRepresentation should only change orientation when moving, not resizing

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Aug 17 01:04:22 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12531
Reported By:                edice
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   12531
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-08-17 01:04 EDT
When a user drags the edges of a vtkScalarBarWidget, and the mouse passes close
to the edge of the view, often the bar will change orientation which can result
in the bar jumping around the screen.

In this method:

void vtkScalarBarRepresentation::WidgetInteraction(double eventPos[2])
{
  // Let superclass move things around.
  this->Superclass::WidgetInteraction(eventPos);

  // Check to see if we need to change the orientation.
etc etc

at this point, the rest of the code should not be executed if the user is not
moving with widget.

So, adding this test around the reorientation code improves the scalar bar
behaviour a lot.

if (this->Moving)
{
  // Check to see if we need to change the orientation.
  etc etc code for reorientating bar
}

cheers
Paul