[vtk-developers] windows.h

Sergio Aguirre sergio.aguirre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:33:32 EDT 2011

Hi everyone.

I am modifying some vtk classes to include special rendering tools that also
connect to head tracking tools.

These tools are designed for win32 platforms - so when I include them in the
class I want I get a compile error like the one below.

Apparently, it is not finding windows.h declared before my modification.
When I reviewed the VTK upgrade documentation I noticed that windows.h is
only used in some specific places. BUT it was used everywhere before - with
its known problems.

However, for my purposes it would be great to get windows.h back everywhere,
any suggestions of where I can look into doing this?

Thank you,

Sergio

1>------ Build started: Project: vtkRendering, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
1>Compiling...
1>vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor.cxx
1>vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx
1>vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx
1>C:/epx/Common/System/DisplayStatus.h(79) : error C2146: syntax error :
missing ';' before identifier 'monitorHandle'
1>C:/epx/Common/System/DisplayStatus.h(79) : error C4430: missing type
specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>C:/epx/Common/System/DisplayStatus.h(79) : error C4430: missing type
specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\engine\VTK-bin\Rendering\vtkRendering.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>vtkRendering - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 26 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========