[vtk-developers] Gerrit and topic dependencies

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 08:31:06 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I've pushed the macro'd vtkVector implementation to gerrit here:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2492

I have a question about gerrit. The vtkChemistry branch that I'm
working on will depend on the commit in the macro-vtkVector branch.
When the time comes, how should I go about pushing vtkChemistry? Will
gerrit detect that the vtkVector patch in the chemistry branch is the
same as the one that is already uploaded for review? Or will it create
a duplicate entry in Gerrit? I ran into this problem with the avogadro
project a few months ago, and I'm wondering if there is some sort of
branch-dependency implemented yet.

I also have a few other commits that aren't necessarily chemistry
related in the chemistry branch, but that the new chemistry code
depends on (e.g.

https://github.com/dlonie/VTK/commit/951f49892ac4fffd874459648475f757de7cddae
and
https://github.com/dlonie/VTK/commit/49c7117cc49eef1e3f0e6ac9529b00a53a1332b2

). Should I submit these as separate topics, or lump them into the
chemistry topic?

Thanks,

Dave