[vtk-developers] Rename vtkBoostBreadthFirstSearch?

Mclendon, William C III wcmclen at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 29 17:22:07 EDT 2010

Generally speaking, I believe the naming convention on the VTK filters that use BGL algorithms has been to name the filter after the BGL algorithm that it's calling.  Since vtkBoostBreadthFirstSearch relies on the BGL breadth-first search algorithm we use that name.

In the current form it only executes a BFS with a specific visitor class that just records the distance from the root.  Perhaps rather than renaming the class to match the default behavior, we should think about changes that allow the visitor class to be customized?  The default behavior should probably remain the same though...

-William