[vtk-developers] Request: turn off BTX/ETX in some dashboad builds

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Wed Jul 14 13:15:24 EDT 2010

The last ARB meeting mentionned the wrapping changes.

ref: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/ARB/Meetings/July_2010

One possible way to address Set/Get that fail would be to add some
contract-based documentation that would exclude some set/get from
testing.

A way to implement that could be to use the doxygen \pre keyword to
document preconditions.
TestSetGet could detect lines with \pre and therefore skip to run the
Get/Set methods attached to the documentation.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> You have mine and David Partyka's support to flip the switch, David Cole
> already expressed his support. I can push the ParaView and Titan VTK
> submodules forward too. I am not sure where Berk or Will are, but I think it
> would be good to see a run of the nightly dashboards for these projects too.
> Thanks,
> Marcus
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:55 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Getting back to the BTX/ETX issue, it would like to request permission
>> to turn off BTX/ETX detection in the wrapper code for at least one
>> night so that I can see how all the dashboard machines react.
>>
>> Last week me and Marcus ran experimental dashboards on Linux, Win32,
>> and OS X and only two tests failed as a result of the change:
>> TestTkRenderWidgetPython (which I've fixed) and TestSetGet (which
>> fails because removing BTX/ETX causes many addition Set/Get methods to
>> be wrapped).  ParaView also continued to compile and test with no
>> errors, which was expected because the "IGNORE_BTX" option is
>> currently limited to VTK's own classes and does not apply to external
>> VTK classes.
>>
>> So what do people think?  Should I wait, or can I pull the switch this
>> afternoon?
>>
>>  David
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Okay, my VTK_IGNORE_BTX Win32 test finished (just nmake, not devenv).
>> > Exactly the same expected failures: TestSetGet and
>> > TestTkRenderWidgetPython
>> >
>> >  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=660432
>> >
>> > The TestTkRenderWidgetPython test failure really does seem to be due
>> > to the fact that this is an old crufty test, since the
>> > vtkTkRenderWidget actually does work in Python.
>> >
>> >  David

François Bertel, PhD  | Kitware Inc. Suite 204
1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive