[vtk-developers] Request: turn off BTX/ETX in some dashboad builds

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:16:36 EDT 2010

The one dashboard test that is guaranteed to break is TestSetGet.
Some of the BTX'd methods are Get methods that segfault when they are
called, and if BTX is ignored, then TestSetGet will call them. These
methods will either have to be fixed or excluded from TestSetGet.

  David

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> If next was already a reality, that would be a great place to put this
> change for a night and see what happens, letting everyone continue using
> master with minimal disruption ;-) I have a dashboard running (looks good so
> far), it would be great to get wider testing on this change. Until it can
> handle ParaView and Titan I would rather not flip the switch in master
> though.
> Marcus
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe as a community, we should all be brave enough to simply turn the
>> option on in the CMakeLists.txt file for a few days and see what happens on
>> all the existing dashboards. We can always turn it right back off after even
>> just one day if it introduces massive problems.
>>
>> :-)
>> David C.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
>> <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:

>>> I will see about adding an experimental VTK dashboard on my 64 bit Linux
>>> system with most VTK options turned on. It would be great to see how well
>>> this does, I could also do it for Titan and ParaView when the time is right.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marcus