[vtk-developers] Request: turn off BTX/ETX in some dashboad builds

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jul 9 11:38:52 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> The one dashboard test that is guaranteed to break is TestSetGet.
> Some of the BTX'd methods are Get methods that segfault when they are
> called, and if BTX is ignored, then TestSetGet will call them. These
> methods will either have to be fixed or excluded from TestSetGet.

The main point of that test is to ensure that any Get method may be called
directly after instantiating any VTK object. I would argue for fixing, not
excluding. VTK should not crash if somebody "accidentally" calls a Get
method before the object is ready for it. It should just return 0, or false,
or uninitialized...

It might be ok to add error or warning macro output, but crashing is not
cool.