[vtk-developers] Fwd: problem using vtkPointPlacer with vtkContourWidget and QVTKWidget

Prathamesh Kulkarni prathameshmkulkarni at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 14:17:10 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I am unable to use a vtkFocalPointPlacer with a vtkContourWidget to
get the world coordinates of the contour points.

 I can get the correct world coordinated when using a vtkRenderWindow.
However, when I use a QVTKWidget, the z-coordinates look weird, they
fall in some very small range. I get correct coordinates though, for
the points which I have manually initialized to fall on the contour.

Could someone point out to what I am missing here? Has anyone had this
problem before?

Thanks,
Prathamesh