[vtk-developers] VTK Wrapping

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:38:04 EDT 2010

Just another note about the wrapping, it was pushed this morning and
the dashboard hasn't suffered too badly.  Most of the issues are
minor, except for a troublesome dependency that I'll add a quick-fix
patch for if I cannot fix it properly today.

I would just like to say that these changes are meant to be backwards
compatible with existing code that uses the wrappers.  So if you see
something break, don't try to fix your code, email your issue to the
developers list so that I can fix it.

If people do not email the list or enter a bug when the new wrappers
break something, then I will not be able to fix the wrappers to keep
them backwards compatible.  And if I do not keep them backwards
compatible, then over the long term a lot of people will suffer.  So
in summary, if these changes break your code, and you do not email the
list, then you are evil.

And we all want to be good, right?

   David