[vtk-developers] DirectX rendering for VTK

orobin Olivier.Robin at bioclinica.com
Tue Feb 9 10:35:18 EST 2010

Hello,

it is an old post, but today, I am looking in that direction.
on my side, using VTK with c# is possible, with the help of Kitware wrapper,
but using VTK in a framework 3, in WPF application is quite difficult,
because of the difficulty of managing framewrk 2 using Framework 2
component, in WPF (it is possible, with WindowsHost, but it is not really
usable)

having the possibility to use DirectX instead of OpenGL, would allow us to
build our applciation in WPF, and allow us to be able to use the power of
that framework.

I took a quick look in the source code, I think there is a lot of work. I
d'ont know how opengl works, I am more oriented in directX direction. I
don't see if the amount of work is huge or not.

this could be good also for Kitware, because new developper in medical
industry which use new technology could use vtk (and why not, not in medical
industry)

Best regards,
Olivier