[vtk-developers] Testing guidelines

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 23 10:53:58 EDT 2010

I'm one of those that gets annoyed with a bunch of tests named TestFeature because, as Marcus said, it's redundant and is tiresome to manage.  In addition to having to type more at the command line, you get other irritating features like having all the tests grouped together on the dashboard rather than divided in alphabetic sections.

It occurs to me, though, that what Bill and David (and even Marcus) have advocated is that the source code be named TestFeature.cxx, whereas Marcus and I have advocated that the test be named Feature.  Thus, we should be able to have both.  Why not make the convention to name the source code starting with Test and then have some CMake commands to strip off the Test part for the actual name of the test?

-Ken

On 8/21/10 1:54 PM, "Bill Lorensen" <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:

I still prefer TestClassName.cxx.