[vtk-developers] Git Merge commit declined

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 15:28:03 EDT 2010

To avoid unnecessary bureaucracy,  I think there are times one should
not have to go through the the topic stage. Have we adopted branchy
workflow? ITK has not yet done so.

For example, it I want to fix a bug I might as suggested here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITKContribute

git fetch origin
git checkout master
git branch BUG0011074
git checkout BUG0011074
       vim CMakeLists.txt   # Edit to change the version number
git add CMakeLists.txt
git commit
git checkout master
git merge BUG0011074