[vtk-developers] Git Merge commit declined

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sun Aug 22 15:22:31 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> So how do I modify my workflow. Here is what I did
>
> git checkout TestHarness
>  edited a bunch of files
>  compiled and tested my changes
>  added and committed

The following bits should change, (see
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Git/Workflow/Stage)

> git checkout master
> git merge TestHarness
> git pull
> git push

One time only,

git remote add git at vtk.org:stage/VTK.git

Then, you would do a (from your topic branch),

git push stage HEAD
ssh git at vtk.org stage VTK merge TestHarness

Where TestHarness is the name of your topic branch. You can also issue,

ssh git at vtk.org stage VTK print

To see a list of staged topic that are not yet fully merged. This is part
one of the move to the branchy workflow - actually allowing topic branches
to be merged into master. Right now we are allowing both the CVS-like linear
workflow (push straight to VTK), or branch (using the stage).

I hope that makes things clearer.

Thanks,

Marcus