[vtk-developers] vtkPointSpriteMapper and blend-accumulate

Paul Harris harris.pc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 02:35:39 EST 2009

Hi all, and especially John,

I noticed that this code in vtkPointSpriteMapper.cpp 1060 is commented out

  switch (this->BlendMode)
  {
    case Accumulate: {
/*
      glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);
      glDisable(GL_ALPHA_TEST);
      glEnable(GL_BLEND);
      glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE);
*/
      break;
    }

I'm setting the Actor's opacity.  When commented, the blend-accumulate mode
doesn't seem to work (it looks the same with or without blend-accumulate).

When I uncomment this code, it appears to work brilliantly and as I had
imagined.  Although the depth test probably would make it look less like its
"superimposed" onto the rest of the scene.

Why is this code commented out?

thanks,
Paul