[vtk-developers] Regression testing examples

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 14:25:26 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> I volunteer to start moving the examples into VTK/Examples. I would
> like to review each example to see if they are consistent, add some
> value, are portable and are sufficiently commented. There is a
> framework in place in VTK/Examples to build and run them in a
> consistent way.
>
> Also, I like the idea of seeing the source on the Wiki. I think we can
> add cvs download commands on each wiki page so that the users can get
> the up-to-date source.
>
> Please don't underestimate the effort to include these in the VTK
> checkout. These examples must compile error and warning free on all
> VTK platforms. The day after each check in someone will have to look
> at the vtk dashboard and assure that the tests compile and run.
>
> Bill

Excellent!

I agree that not all of them are ready to be moved. You should notice
that they have become much more consistent in the last few days.
Certainly more comments can be added. I can't really comment on
portability other than that I have marked with a "Fix: remove
drand48()" on the ones that were using it random numbers.

We need to come up with a little system so I don't start working on
something on the wiki that you have already moved to VTK/Examples.
Maybe just delete the code and put the cvs link you're talking about
when it has been moved?

Thanks,

David