[vtk-developers] Regression testing examples

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 14:17:57 EST 2009

David,

I volunteer to start moving the examples into VTK/Examples. I would
like to review each example to see if they are consistent, add some
value, are portable and are sufficiently commented. There is a
framework in place in VTK/Examples to build and run them in a
consistent way.

Also, I like the idea of seeing the source on the Wiki. I think we can
add cvs download commands on each wiki page so that the users can get
the up-to-date source.

Please don't underestimate the effort to include these in the VTK
checkout. These examples must compile error and warning free on all
VTK platforms. The day after each check in someone will have to look
at the vtk dashboard and assure that the tests compile and run.

Bill