[vtk-developers] Regression testing examples

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Dec 14 14:12:53 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:51 PM, David Doria
<daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Francois Bertel
> <francois.bertel at kitware.com> wrote:
> > You can already compile the examples automatically with VTK by setting
> > BUILD_EXAMPLES to ON. (the compile/linking errors are already caugh
> > this way). Notably, arkadia is covering compilation and linking of the
> > examples:
> > http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=492513
>
> So this where they should live then? Does someone need to "approve"
> this? Can I start adding them? What do we do with the wiki examples
> section?

I think the Wiki examples section should be translated into official
examples in the VTK/Examples folder that build in as many
platforms/compilers as make sense. And that the Wiki should revised to
simply point to the VTK/Examples folder.

You can start adding them as long as they build... or if they don't build
right away, as long as you're persistent about fixing them so that they do
build everywhere. We should also validate that we have sufficient dashboard
coverage of the Examples folder.