[vtk-developers] Bug in vtkMapper

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Sun Oct 5 14:54:17 EDT 2008

Hi,

I found a bug in vtkMapper.cxx.  I have a test case and fix that I will
check in but I thought I'd mention the bug here and get consent before I
check in.

The vtkMapper::MapScalars(double alpha) sets the lookup table's Alpha
ivar to alpha and does not reset the lookup table's Alpha back to what
it originally was.  This is a bug and manifests itself nicely when you
have a translucent actor along with an ImagePlaneWidget say and they
share a LUT.  The IPW will incorrectly and mysteriously acquire the
alpha of the actor because of this.

The bug is also present in vtkMapper::MapScalarsToTexture which I will
also fix.

Please let me know if this is not a bug and I'm missing something.  If
no one objects I'll check in a test case for this and a fix as well.
Thanks.

cheers,
prabhu