[vtk-developers] vtkfreetype update

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jul 18 14:28:31 EDT 2008

Thanks for the input...... I tend to agree, but "security fixes" should be
incorporated when they don't break anything.

Since this one "breaks" stuff and I'm not clear either on whether there
really is a security issue with what VTK uses/exposes of the freetype
implementation, then .... better to leave well enough alone unless somebody
has a demonstrable problem.

Sean, let's resolve this bug as "won't fix" for now. If somebody disagrees,
or has better evidence that VTK needs the security fixes, then we can
re-open it at that time.

Thanks,
David Cole