[vtk-developers] Guidance needed fixing problems doing 64bit compile on Mac OS X

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jan 26 11:14:42 EST 2007

On 2007-01-26 06:30, David Cole said:

>Turns out that the test you're having a problem with is dependent on
>VTK_USE_INFOVIS being ON, but the test was added unconditionally in the
>CMakeLists file...
>
>I just committed the fix, along with a "missing Tk libraries on the link
>line when VTK_USE_RENDERING is OFF" issue that I accidentally discovered
>while investigating.
>
>/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/IO/Testing/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt,v  <--  CMakeLists.txt
>new revision: 1.26; previous revision: 1.25
>/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/CMakeLists.txt,v  <--  CMakeLists.txt
>new revision: 1.66; previous revision: 1.65
>
>Update from CVS and try again with your same settings. It should work now.

You rock David!  It works.  And 100% of the tests pass.  Of course,
there are only 39 tests in such a limited build of vtk. :) Still, it is
impressive.  I will set up a dashboard for this config.

There are some compiler warnings in some 3rd party code (libtiff,
freetype, etc.).  What is kitware's policy here?  Better to fix the
warnings upstream and update vtk to the newest code, or fix the warnings
in vtk's copy and have a fork of the code? or...?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com