[vtk-developers] VTK Shaders on volume property / GPU Volume Rendering

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Aug 28 13:54:43 EDT 2007

Hi Wagner,

Although shaders are loaded in a vtkProperty, it does not preclude
anyone eg. mappers, renderers from creating vtkShaderProgram objects and
directly loading material xmls on them.

There is an ongoing effort at Kitware towards making use of shaders more
accessible in mappers, renderers i.e. breaking the link between
vtkProperty and Shaders and even decouple materials and shaders.
However, it will be a while before it becomes part of VTK.

Utkarsh