[vtk-developers] Re: Problem with VTK on Compaq SC45/OSF1

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:27:15 EST 2006

Did some more investigating (I'm learning alot more about dynamic linking
than I ever wanted to know).

emerald0> ldd -r ezVizGeneric (ezVizGeneric is the real program I want to
compile, loooots of linked libraries)
Unresolved symbol in libvtkVolumeRendering.so: __array_new2
Unresolved symbol in libvtkGraphics.so: __array_new2
Unresolved symbol in libvtkImaging.so: __array_new2
Unresolved symbol in libvtkCommon.so: __array_new2

emerald0> ldd -r vtk2xml  (Simpler program, fewer libraries but all of VTK)
Unresolved symbol in libvtkVolumeRendering.so: __array_new2
Unresolved symbol in libvtkGraphics.so: __array_new2
Unresolved symbol in libvtkImaging.so: __array_new2
Unresolved symbol in libvtkCommon.so: __array_new2

emerald0> ldd -r main (Simplest program, direct link to only VTK, not ezViz
or Xdmf/Xmdf or any of that)
Unresolved symbol in libvtkGraphics.so: __array_new2
Unresolved symbol in libvtkImaging.so: __array_new2
Unresolved symbol in libvtkCommon.so: __array_new2

So has somethign changed in the 5.0 VTK branch that would cause this kind of
problem?  I seem to remember some discussion of now using "new/delete"
instead of "malloc/free" in the DataArray stuff.  Is this related?