[vtk-developers] Problem with VTK on Compaq SC45/OSF1

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:01:58 EST 2006

I've been working on this for 2 days, and I'm running out of ideas.  I can
compile VTK just fine on our SC45, no errors at all, using cxx/cc and Shared
libraries.  I can compile applications that use these freshly compiled VTK
libraries just fine, with no errors.

But every time I try to run them I get the following error:
emerald0> ./vtk2xml
resolve_symbols: loader error: dlopen: libvtkVolumeRendering.so: symbol
"__array_new2" unresolved

I've tried compiling them as static, and while they compile just fine, when
apps try to link against them I get errors about no table of contents on
every single .a file.  Anyone have any idea what's going on here?  I'm using
Cmake 2.0p6, as there are no binaries provided for 2.2.3 and the bootstrap
won't work.

--
Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist,