[vtk-developers] Configure problems on DASH3

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 29 08:57:26 EST 2005

Moreland, Kenneth wrote:
> The continuous build on DASH3 is having configure problems.  The output
> looks like:
>
> -- Check for working C compiler: cl -- works
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: cl -- works
> -- Compiling VTK CMake commands
> -- Compiling VTK CMake commands - done
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> C:/Dashboards/My Tests/VTK/vtkGenerateVTKConfig.cmake:113:
> CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
> -- Configuring done
>
> This error started occurring at the same time as some commits I made,
> some of which did change some CMakeLists.txt files.  However, I made no
> changes to vtkGenerateVTKConfig.cmake.

A few weeks ago I accidentally turned on a cvs lock for
VTKConfig.cmake.in and made a change to it, which caused all checkouts
of it to get a read-only copy.  Then CMake configured the file to the
build tree as VTKConfig.cmake with read-only permissions.  The next day
I removed the lock but it was too late to help those who had already
updated and configured.  CMake 2.0 has a bug in that it will not
overwrite a read-only destination with CONFIGURE_FILE.  This did not
really cause any problems until changes were made that caused
VTKConfig.cmake to change and therefore need to be overwritten.  Your
changes probably triggered this.

I've fixed DASH3 by manually fixing the permissions.  The problem should
go away now.  The CMake bug has been fixed in CVS too.

-Brad