[vtk-developers] Configure problems on DASH3

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 28 17:12:17 EST 2005

The continuous build on DASH3 is having configure problems.  The output
looks like:

-- Check for working C compiler: cl -- works
-- Check for working CXX compiler: cl -- works
-- Compiling VTK CMake commands
-- Compiling VTK CMake commands - done
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
C:/Dashboards/My Tests/VTK/vtkGenerateVTKConfig.cmake:113:
CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
-- Configuring done

This error started occurring at the same time as some commits I made,
some of which did change some CMakeLists.txt files.  However, I made no
changes to vtkGenerateVTKConfig.cmake.  Apart from giving the location
of the problem, the error message provides no information on what may
have gone wrong.

I tried replicating this problem by re-installing MSVC 6 on my machine,
but I cannot replicate this problem.  Does anyone have any clue why this
problem is happening or what can be done about it?

>From the output, it looks like the build is not clean.  Perhaps that is
part of the problem.  Could someone wipe out the old configure directory
and make a clean build?  That may be a good first step if no one else
has any ideas.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories