[vtk-developers] Continuous build on hythloth

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Mar 28 16:04:03 EST 2005

Moreland, Kenneth wrote:
> The continuous build on hythloth began failing yesterday with link error
> to the mangled mesa libraries.
>

> http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/hythloth.kitware/Linux-gcc295/20050327-
> 1300-Continuous/BuildError.htmlz
>
> There was not any changes to the code between the last successful build
> and the first failure, so it's probably some administrative change.
> Anyone have any idea what happened?

It uses a nightly build of CVS mesa, which was broken by the mesa folks.
  The script that updates mesa restores a working copy if mesa fails to
build but in this case since Linux shared libraries don't care about the
missing symbol mesa did not fail to build.  I should probably update the
script to try linking an executable to the library before declaring it a
successful build.

I've just manually fixed it in my working copy until the mesa folks fix it.

-Brad