[vtk-developers] QVTKWidget update

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Jan 31 04:20:37 EST 2005

Clinton

> I hope I did the VTK/CMakeLists.txt, VTK/vtkIncludeDirectories, and
> VTK/GUISupport/CMakeLists.txt files correctly.  I tried to find all
> the places to make changes to make GUISupport build/install/etc.. as
> the other VTK kits.
>
> Have fun.  Examples are found in VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt for those who
> want to try it out.

Since I selected
"GUI support" ON
"Build Qvtk" ON
"Build Examples" ON

I thought it would be only reasonable to have the Qvtk examples built as
part of the main build. These were not enabled, so I've tweaked the
Cmakelists files in Examples to do an if Qvtk is on, then do Subdir
GUI/Qvtk, and in each of the actual example dirs, there was an
INCLUDE(FindVtk.cmake), which isn't required if the examples are built
as part of vtk itself, so I've surrounded these by an IF (NOT
VTK_SOURCE_DIR) which should only be set when building vtk itself, so
you can still build them as part of an external setup if you want. I've
only modified Cmakelists files, so I'm not interfering with the Qt/Qvtk
License :)

Linux : All examples working well on my setup. Lovely.
Windows. Didn't get anything with the imageviewer demo, but maybe it
choked on my VTK_DATA_ROOT or something. Will have another look back at
home tonight.

Many thanks for the classes, I'm sure they'll be very handy for a lot of
people.

cheers

JB