[vtk-developers] QVTKWidget update

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jan 20 11:16:22 EST 2005

JB,

No, I am afraid that unless you have paid for a developer's license, you
may not make any changes to the QVTKWidget.  Doing so would convert the
license of QVTKWidget to GPL, which conflicts with VTK's licensing. So
if you feel you need to edit QVTKWidget, I see only three options:

1. Buy a Qt license.

2. Ask someone with a Qt license to make the changes for you.

3. Make a copy of QVTKWidget (or subclass it) and keep that new class in
your personal repository for use with your personal GPL code.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov