[vtk-developers] QVTKWidget update

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Thu Jan 20 14:44:46 EST 2005

    MK> JB, No, I am afraid that unless you have paid for a
    MK> developer's license, you may not make any changes to the
    MK> QVTKWidget.  Doing so would convert the license of QVTKWidget
    MK> to GPL, which conflicts with VTK's licensing. So if you feel
    MK> you need to edit QVTKWidget, I see only three options:

Hmm, are we in legal trouble already because we have Python widgets
for Qt?  Look in Wrapping/Python/vtk/qt/.  Is this a problem we need
to worry about?  David Gobbi wrote one of the widgets (way back in
2001) and I wrote most
of the interactor widget (in 2002).  I don't have any license for Qt
but developed the widget under Linux.  Gerard Vermeulen contributed
some bug fixes and improvements and I have no clue if he has a
license.

cheers,
prabhu