[vtk-developers] I'm new...

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Nov 15 10:04:31 EST 2004

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2003-September/002564.html

> This means that in the next VTK release, most VTK-Widget set
> combinations can use the Finalize() call to disassociate
> vtkRenderWindows from the widget-set specific resources.  No more
> nasty WindowRemap() hacks.

Same reason I needed the Finalize method :)

> I would like to change the comments you've added for "Finalize"
> though.  They should be more specific, e.g.:
>
> // "Deinitialize" the rendering window.  This will shutdown all
> system-specific
> // resources.  After having called this, it should be possible to destroy
> // a window that was used for a SetWindowId() call without any ill
> effects.

Sounds good.

> We should also consider adding Initialize() as an abstract method to
> the vtkRenderWindow(), although that's not critical.

The thought occurred to me when I put Finalize in vtkRenderWindow.  But I
didn't see it critical (or necessary?) as the Start() method will give me
what I needed.

Thanks,
Clint