[vtk-developers] request dashboard help

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Sun Nov 7 16:50:38 EST 2004

Hi,

I was hoping to commit substantial updates to vtkImageTracerWidget and vtkSplineWidget
but my two Borland dashboards (Proximal, Knollwood) are failing a slew of tests, unfortunately
including these two widgets.  I tested one of the failing tests, Hybrid/Testing/Cxx/TestSplineWidget.cxx,
independent of the VTK test harness and noticed that setting the vtkImagePlaneWidget var's
DisplayTextOn to DisplayTextOff prevented a crash.  With DisplayTextOn, any mouse driven activity
connected to displaying text (window level, cursor probing) causes a program crash.  So, I am
not sure if the crash is related to its underlying vtkTextActor, vtkActor2D or what.  Tests were
passing prior to Friday November 5 but now all failing tests appear to be due to numerical exceptions.
I tried compiling under both CMake 2.0.3 and CMake 2.0.5 to see if the new cmake was the
culprit but this is not the case.

Also, there is still a big performance hit in tests/examples using vtkSplineWidget which I am
trying to figure out.  Can someone (Ken? Brad?) comment on the impact the new pipeline has
on classes that maintain, for lack of better terminology, an internal pipeline?  i.e., vtkSplineWidget
uses 3 vtkSpline ivars to compute point locations for the vtkPolyData representing the spline.

Dean