[vtk-developers] I'm new...

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 07:03:53 EST 2004

Dear Clint,

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:58:37 -0700, Clinton Stimpson
<clinton at elemtech.com> wrote:
> I put a bug in the bug tracker (1279) and I just committed a fix for it
> in cvs.  The bug is under someone else's name and my name is not on the
> list of those that bugs can be assigned to.

Thanks VERY much for doing this (on the Mac side).  I started work on
this very long ago:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2003-September/002564.html

This means that in the next VTK release, most VTK-Widget set
combinations can use the Finalize() call to disassociate
vtkRenderWindows from the widget-set specific resources.  No more
nasty WindowRemap() hacks.

I would like to change the comments you've added for "Finalize"
though.  They should be more specific, e.g.:

// "Deinitialize" the rendering window.  This will shutdown all system-specific
// resources.  After having called this, it should be possible to destroy
// a window that was used for a SetWindowId() call without any ill effects.

We should also consider adding Initialize() as an abstract method to
the vtkRenderWindow(), although that's not critical.

Thanks,
Charl